Sunday, June 28, 2009

Saigon Kitchen



Bo Luc Lac



Some pickled side dishes and veggies to wrap with.


My favorite! Banh Xeo!!!



Shrimp meat on those sugarcane sticks.

(Sorry for the crappy photos --- bad lighting too! ---, I was in such a rush to take pictures before everyone took a stab at everything! No time for flamboyancy.)

I was working at the registers as usual and the phone rang. I picked up and said my usual line, "Hai, thank you for calling S_, this is Carena, how may I assist you!?" And surprisingly, my mom was on the other end imitating my voice. Hahaha. She told me that we had relatives over from Reno and that we were going to go to Saigon Kitchen tonight, and to leave dinner closed to other personal plans. Hahaha...so Saigon Kitchen was where we went! We went there for last Sunday?'s Father's Day dinner, and quite frequently for other family gatherings. I LOVE their Vietnamese food.

It doesn't look much but we ordered x2 of everything --- flavored rice / meat place + a variety of grilled meats and it comes with a variety of vegetables, that you can put together on like this rice paper thing, and wrap it all up and then dip in some nuoc mam (fish sauce) MMMMM..

3 comments:

y0ufeelinit said...

stop spelling hai the way i spell hai!! hahha

B said...

it's bo luc lac

Carena said...

^ Thanks! I didn't know how to spell it. :c