Friday, June 12, 2009

Hello Dessert x Rodent


(Marc by Marc Jacobs Admiral Blue Cloud top, MNG by Mango cardigan, H&M jeans, Dolce Vita sandals, Forever 21 ring)

I meant to blog about this yesterday, but time flies and I always end up lagging more than I expect. Hahaha. On Wednesday, I finally found time to have Hello Dessert with buddy and catch up about everything! I was so excited to go to Hello Dessert, cause I've been having a million cravings for it since the last time I had it ... which was probably about 2 weeks ago. HAHAHA. But aside from getting my usual (either Mango Moo or Willow Nectar and sometimes the occasional Snow Azuki), I decided to actually try their real deserts.


Mai Thai
(credits to Crystal H. via Yelp
photo edits credits to me)

We first had the Mai Thai which has scoops of mango ice cream and coconut sorbet (I think)with cut pieces of pineapple and mango that are lightly dusted with toasted coconut. Yummy, but it was a bit pricey for a tiny plate of it ... even for my beloved Hello Dessert! I forgot to take a picture of it though, so I'm borrowing a picture from one of the pictures posted on Yelp



Waffle Bowl

After about an hour and a half of that Mai Thai and talking, I decided I wanted another dessert. Which is so bad because I had no dinner whatsoever, so basically all that desert was my dinner. It didn't help either that I was having massive cramps thanks to ketchup week, haha. But whatever!! I love Hello Dessert nonetheless! We decided on the Waffle Bowl, which we chose to have Green Tea Ice Cream and this Rose something Gelato (I can't remember what it was called) but we decided to stick with something we both liked and something new. Buddy wanted to try the Rose something cause we were wondering what that could possibly taste like, so I asked the guy at the register whether or not it was good, and he let me sample it. My first initial thought wasn't too happy, but as I let it sink in my mouth, I was soooooooo yummy, it had a nice florally rose scent to it, and you can even taste the rose petals in it...and it's sweet! It's definitely a flavor I think everyone should try, cause it's nothing like I've had before. We finished our dessert and talked some more in the car. We had a super long catchup talk, for like 2 and a half hours! Hahaha. Good stuff! I love my buddy. c:

When I came home, my brother told me that I had not closed the door to our garage completely, leaving enough space for a fat, black, rat/mouse (which we have yet to find out what exactly it is) to crawl into our lovely downstairs living space. He told me he saw it run across the kitchen while he was eating downstairs and that Mother and Father had instructed him to tell me to attempt to kill it with a plunger. A PLUNGER?!?! How am I supposed to kill a rodent that's apparently black, 3 inches fat, and 4 inches long ... with a plunger?!?! In a frenzy, I googled how to get rid of rodents and one of the first searches that I found was a gruesome picture of a dead rat/mouse shot with a taser in the head. X___X That wasn't of any help so I called buddy and asked him what I should do, and he told me to go to Safeway ASAP (at that time it was 11:40 and Safeway closes at 12) so I was like omg, I speedracered to Safeways and was looking through and go this circular contraption which is supposed "kill mice instantly and help keep you from being exposed to the dead rodent". I left at exactly 12, only to remember that I needed peanut butter so I ran back inside. They weren't going to ring me up but I explained my situation very briefly and they were nice about it so they let me purchase the peanut butter I needed. I went home, set it up, hoping that overnight it would be caught so I would not have to be paranoid everywhere I go (but with doubt because since my brother said it was so big, I didn't think it was going to fit in the trap), but when I woke up, I didn't want to go and check! I was afraid I might find some bloody rodent mess on the floor or something half stuck on the trap or if I really had to touch it. x_x When I finally had the guts to check...NONE OF THE TRAPS WORKED!!! UGH, so I'm still stuck with a black, fat rodent of some sort roaming downstairs to my despise and horror!!! I really hope it left on it's own, otherwise I'm going to have to buy more contraptions to rid of this rodent. Any suggestions? x_x

No comments: