Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

It's the 4th of July already; everything's just breezing by! It'll be a year soon at S_ where I work... wow.

Hahha, well, this post has been long past due (intended to blog on Monday) because I've been meaning to blog about my experience at Boiling Crab after all the hype I've been hearing about this place and my WDYWT (it's about time I had one of these, huh, haha) to watch the Proposal.

As for Boiling Crab ... ehhhh ... it was okay, I wouldn't say that it was terribly bad... but I wouldn't would say that it was extremely good either. We ordered...


Sweet Potato Fries


Fried Oysters


1 lb of Medium (Spicy level) Shrimp in the Whole Sha-Bang Sauce


1 Medium (Spicy level) Dungeness Crab in the Whole Sha-Bang Sauce



I loved the sweet potato fries! Well, I like sweet potato fries anywhere, hahaha, so that's no biggie there. I accidentally knocked our sauce off the basket and almost knocked all of our oysters out too when I lifted up my arm without noticing the waiter right next to me. Hahahah. The sauce was actually pretty spicy, but it was gosh darn good! Shrimp & crab were alright, you can taste the sha-bang sauce on the outside, but once you peel off the shells, the meat inside tastes pretty much as is without the sauce. Overrall, it was pretty good ... until we ordered the dungeness crab, that was pretty pricey. Haha, it's fun if you don't mind looking at cooked underwater creatures .... head and bodies and everything, and getting dirty with your hands. I wouldn't say it's a place that gets you very full though, more like a place for you to snack on and watch all the flat screen TV's they have up. Service wasn't too bad for us, they were pretty attentive even when we were in a corner. I didn't like having to pay 25 cents for a cup of tap water though. It ended up being about $20 per person (for a party of 3 with what we ordered), which was a bit pricey for what we ate & for college students... but ... because of the crab!!! Hahah. It's okay, I might try Boiling Crab again.


OH! And in case you were wondering what that whole reddish-oily looking mess is, that is the Whole Sha-Bang sauce which consists of ... Rajun cajun, lemon pepper, and garlic butter all together! I won't lie... it was pretty oily and I felt a bit of my arteries clog from this, haha. It's pretty tasty though. Everything is also served in plastic bags/baskets!

Anddd my WDYWT to the Proposal! It was funny, but not as funny as people have told me. I liked the storyline and I couldn't stop staring at Sandra Bullock's Christian Louboutin heels!! ... I've been wearing these Dolce Vita sandals nonstop, you're probably tired of them, haha.


(Urban Outfitters yellow top, Zara blazer, skirt from Hong Kong, Dolce Vita sandals, David Yurman & Forever 21 bangles)

OH OH OH, and we went out for some Hello Dessert too! MY FAVORITE. Mango Moo for BBFWENDY and Willow Nectar for ME. c:


No comments: