Friday, December 26, 2008

Chasing Pavements

Is it because I have high expectations? Is it because I have false hopes? It's really not fair, because honestly, I think my hopes and expectations aren't that high at all. I thought that if I let go of all my wants and hopes, that there would be nothing to want and hope for, but it just creeps up and catches up with me. Am I really that unrealistic? Just that tiny bit of hope makes me feel all the bit more optimistic. When my wants and hopes are satisfied, I get a bit more greedy each time. Maybe I just need that blunt answer, to completely have my hopes shattered. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding everything? What is it? I need to know. To hold on or to let go?

It's funny how when I begin to forget consciously, I end up remembering subconsciously in my dreams. It's funny how when I delete your number after never receiving a call again, I get a call. It's funny how even when everyone tells me to just let go, it just goes in one ear and out the other and I want to hold on. It's funny how even when I know all this, I'm still just chasing pavements.

But from my understanding, I can't control people's actions, only voice my opinions and thoughts. I'm talking in circles, but whatev.

No comments: