Monday, May 25, 2009

Sushi Okawa



Richard's Eastern Rolls



My Foxy Rolls
(it was supposed to be spicy, cause it had that Asian Red Rooster Chili Sauce on top of it, but it wasn't really spicy, haha)



My Mango Mochi, with a bit of whip cream.

When not working, I enjoy eating with Richard! Hahaha, he's the only person who will eat with me whenever, cause everyone else is always too broke. :c It's okay, I still love you all! We were planning to go to Sushi On the Run today because our friends and fellow Yelpers highly praise this restaurant and apparently each sushi piece is about 3 inches big/the sashimi is very fresh....but they aren't open on Mondays, so we've got to go on another day. Next time Richard and I go out for sushi, that's the next place we're gonna go to.

Today we tried out Sushi Okawa! We arrived at around 1;30/2ish in the afternoon, and it was fairly empty. Not too many people, other than the couple at a table nearby and ourselves. We each ordered a sushi combo, consisting of salad, udon, and a plate of sushi. Richard had Eastern Rolls and I had the Foxy Roll (coincidentally ... I am "KFOX.") They spend a bit more on decorating their sushi, unlike other sushi restaurants, and it was all pretty good! I forgot to take pictures of our salad & udon though because I was so hungry. I devoured it all before remembering to take photos. Hahaha. I also had a piece of mango mochi, which was a bit expensive, but I guess it was priced moderately at a restaurant ($2 a piece) x_x.

The salad was standard, the dressing was a bit too much cause it drenched the lettuce, but I still liked it, ahaha. Udon could have been a bit hotter/warmer though, but good as well. My roll had a lot of flavor, so soy sauce wasn't really needed. I liked Richard's Eastern Rolls better. I loved the ginger though! The mochi was yummy; the mango ice cream melted in my mouth so smoothly. Mmmm, ahahaha. Overrall, I thought it was quite good, the menu selection was not too big but there is a variety to choose from. I need to come back and try more of Sushi Okawa's sushi!

No comments: